pretty basic interconnect question
Oct 30, 2007 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MIKEp

100+ Head-Fier
OK so me and a few other guys on my floor in my residence want to connect our stereos in different rooms to one laptop so we can blast music simultaneously at our parties to fill the floor with tunes. The rooms are about 100 feet apart but getting a cable to them isnt too hard so i figured the easiest, cheapest way would be to make a couple custom interconnects with wire bought from markertek.

Our stereos arent high end so it doesnt need to be the best quality cable/signal. I found this cable on markertek: http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp...&search=0&off=
would it work??
would it work with this 3.5mm plug? http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp...0&showreturn=1

Ive made interconnects before but i used higher end cable suggested by the "how to" thread. This time im looking for cheaper cable and im not sure what to look for.

If anyone has any easier/cheaper methods to do this pleeease tell me.

sorry for all these basic questions but i really dont want to mess up this order lol.

Thanks,
Mike

EDIT::
Well now im not sure what im to do.. last time i ordered from markertek there wasnt a $100 minimum international order... are there any other sites i could order from that are more canada friendly??

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 4
That's REALLY easy.

Buy a box of Cat5. Turn it into an interconnect.

If you need instructions, I can point you in the right direction. You're not going to find a cheaper way than a box of Cat5.

F#CK.

Better idea. MUCH better idea. HAHAHAHAHHAA

DON'T USE CABLES!!! If it's all stereos, make sure they all have good FM antennae.

THEN, pick up one of THESE on ebay. Or THESE. Or THESE.

Get one that is a low Wattage. The .5W should suffice. I use them in my house instead of hardwire. Sure, it's not outstanding sound quality, but that's not the point.

I don't know what Canada's laws are regarding FM broadcasts, but if you use a channel that doesn't receive a station, you should be set to go. It's cheap, it's easy, and requires no hard wiring.

IMHO, the best, and easiest way to do it.

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #4 of 4
OK wow thanks man. i think ill go with the CAT5 option.. sounds best to me. The radio transmitter would work pretty good but they all cost 50 bucks to ship to canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back