Pretend I never heard rock/metal before and recommend me the best of the best in those genres
Jul 17, 2013 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, can you pretend I never heard any rock and metal music before and recommend me the best of the best artists and songs from both rock and metal?  I know there are different types of rock and metal but I really don't care as long as they sound great.  Thanks.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hey guys, can you pretend I never heard any rock and metal music before and recommend me the best of the best artists and songs from both rock and metal?  I know there are different types of rock and metal but I really don't care as long as they sound great.  Thanks.

Ill give you the lists of my favorites:

Rock form 60's to 70's:

Led Zeppellin
Rolling Stones
KISS
Black Sabbath
AC\DC
Deep Purple

Rock from the 80's to 90's:

Bon Jovi
Guns & Roses
Nirvana
Poison

Modern Day Rock:
*Sleeping With Sirens
*Pierce The Veil
*Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
*Linkin Park

Best of Metal(Pure):
*Metallica

Best of Heavy Metal:
*Pantera
*Korn

Best of Trash Metal:
*Slipknot

Best of Metal Core:
*Asking Alexandria
*Black Veil Brides

Alot more i can give. Haha, i was born in the 90's and in fact i listen to all of this.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 5
This is one of the best acid rock records I've heard. The musicianship is phenomenal: Voice of the Seven Thunders - "Voice of the Seven Thunders" This record tends to be universally recognized as one of the best modern psych albums: Black Angels - "Directions to See a Ghost"

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 5
My absolute favorite in terms of weight, originality and energy is Meshuggah "Nothing" (make sure to get the one with blue cover, it's a remaster — sounds much heavier and a tad slower)

And beyond that, Meshuggah's lead guitarist solo album - Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects "Sol Niger Within" is insane, beautiful, super brutal and incredibly innovative. It's worth noting that he plays with guys who performed with Frank Zappa before — Morgan Agren and Mats Oberg. It's an incredible combination. This one comes in two flavors as well, but here I'd recommend getting the original, not the "3.33" release. The latter doesn't include the crazy church organs part and the sound isn't as raw and energetic as on the original.

Happy ear-bleeding! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back