PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Sep 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #226 of 353
  Has anyone found a straightforward, good length replacement cable (without mobile attachments) and appropriate connections for home use of the H6 with an amp?
One review said there were connection problems at the earcup end when trying to use something other than the supplied B&O cable.  

Can I ask you, why would you want to replace the cable and where did you see that review? I was thinking about replacing it myself, those buttons are useless for me.
Both connectors of the cable look very much alike, also I just tried to connect it the other way around and it worked fine. Surely they must be identical and there should be no problem replacing the cable?

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #227 of 353

Can I ask you, why would you want to replace the cable and where did you see that review? I was thinking about replacing it myself, those buttons are useless for me.
Both connectors of the cable look very much alike, also I just tried to connect it the other way around and it worked fine. Surely they must be identical and there should be no problem replacing the cable?

I can tell you the cable from the MDR-1RNC didn't work. The way it goes in it doesn't catch. In the time I was testing it in the store, it's like the plastic piece needs to be a bit longer or something. The ends may be a standard cable but finding one that fits the place it needs to go is the problem.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #229 of 353

I can tell you the cable from the MDR-1RNC didn't work. The way it goes in it doesn't catch. In the time I was testing it in the store, it's like the plastic piece needs to be a bit longer or something. The ends may be a standard cable but finding one that fits the place it needs to go is the problem.

Aha, I see now. I tried to plug some other headphone cable into the can socket and it wouldnt go fully. It needs a special end indeed.

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #230 of 353
The length of this cable is pathetic.  its as if they designed it for use only with a smart phone or Ipod.
They better get their heads together and offer a longer cable without the mic and buttons.  Oh, that ONLY work for an apple product.
Smart move leaving Android users in the dust B&O!

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #231 of 353
I'm currently in a struggle to find an extravagant headphone. All my headphones are low quality and have been broken due to long duration of use and mishaps. My type of music range from indie rock, classic rock, jazz, classical music, dub step, and house. I was debating to buy the h6 or the momentum as a result of numerous hours of research. I've eventually narrowed down to these two choices; however, I do not know which one matches my genre in music. I decided to consult you because you are the only one that talk about the sound, the style, and the price of headphones. I'm willing to spend under 500 for an amazing headphone that matches my music genre and is compatible on my Toshiba laptop and Samsung Galaxy S3I've read from somewhere that both the h6 and momentum are produced specifically for iDevices and that the momentum's volume control module on the wire is only efficient on iDevices. Is this true? Is there another headphone you would otherwise advise me to buy? 

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #232 of 353
I'm currently in a struggle to find an extravagant headphone. All my headphones are low quality and have been broken due to long duration of use and mishaps. My type of music range from indie rock, classic rock, jazz, classical music, dub step, and house. I was debating to buy the h6 or the momentum as a result of numerous hours of research. I've eventually narrowed down to these two choices; however, I do not know which one matches my genre in music. I decided to consult you because you are the only one that talk about the sound, the style, and the price of headphones. I'm willing to spend under 500 for an amazing headphone that matches my music genre and is compatible on my Toshiba laptop and Samsung Galaxy S3. I've read from somewhere that both the h6 and momentum are produced specifically for iDevices and that the momentum's volume control module on the wire is only efficient on iDevices. Is this true? Is there another headphone you would otherwise advise me to buy?

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #234 of 353
  I'm currently in a struggle to find an extravagant headphone. All my headphones are low quality and have been broken due to long duration of use and mishaps. My type of music range from indie rock, classic rock, jazz, classical music, dub step, and house. I was debating to buy the h6 or the momentum as a result of numerous hours of research. I've eventually narrowed down to these two choices; however, I do not know which one matches my genre in music. I decided to consult you because you are the only one that talk about the sound, the style, and the price of headphones. I'm willing to spend under 500 for an amazing headphone that matches my music genre and is compatible on my Toshiba laptop and Samsung Galaxy S3. I've read from somewhere that both the h6 and momentum are produced specifically for iDevices and that the momentum's volume control module on the wire is only efficient on iDevices. Is this true? Is there another headphone you would otherwise advise me to buy?

The Momentum comes with a non-remote cable as well, and works fine with other devices.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #236 of 353
  I'm currently in a struggle to find an extravagant headphone. All my headphones are low quality and have been broken due to long duration of use and mishaps. My type of music range from indie rock, classic rock, jazz, classical music, dub step, and house. I was debating to buy the h6 or the momentum as a result of numerous hours of research. I've eventually narrowed down to these two choices; however, I do not know which one matches my genre in music. I decided to consult you because you are the only one that talk about the sound, the style, and the price of headphones. I'm willing to spend under 500 for an amazing headphone that matches my music genre and is compatible on my Toshiba laptop and Samsung Galaxy S3I've read from somewhere that both the h6 and momentum are produced specifically for iDevices and that the momentum's volume control module on the wire is only efficient on iDevices. Is this true? Is there another headphone you would otherwise advise me to buy? 

The Sennheiser Momentum has more pronounced bass (when paired with a smartphone), but the bass is less precise than that of the H6. You may also want to check out the KEF M500.

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #238 of 353
I've read that the h6 is more neutral and centric and bass can't hit high but it is warmer and smoother. In addition I believe the kef m500 to be not as good b.c of the insulation for the ear. It doesn't surround the ear so sound will seep out to the surroundings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back