PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Jul 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #107 of 353
Quote:

I believe that they are actually trying to meet demand at this point (for the H6 anyway). The B&O twitter feed seems to be updating people on stock allocation as time goes...

In some cities there are actual B&O retail stores. Otherwise I think they are selling in Apple Stores as well?

Quote:
I'm in Denmark, so the H6 are everywhere, very nice sound, great comfort, reduce the price by 25% then I would buy them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks guys. I usually Google the product and find sellers. But nothing comes up for the B&O.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #109 of 353
Another quick review of the H6. I am from U.S. but in Helsinki and today went to B&O store to look at the amazing plasma tv's but walked out with the H6. They sounded great unamped from am iPhone, but when I got back to the hotel and listened with iPad mini-dragonfly-ALO Continental I have been sitting here with a great big smile on my face for the past 5 hours. It's 5 AM here now and I can't stop. I will write a fuller review later but this chain is just magical. The only comparison I can make is with the Beyer DT1350 with velour cups that I came over here with (and I thought I loved) but sometimes you've got to ditch the old lady for the hot young blonde!

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #110 of 353
I absolutely love the sound of the B&O premium surround audio system in the Jaguar XJL. Perhaps a bit lean in the bass, but there's that magical sheen in the treble that's just seductive if not completely accurate or transparent. From the impressions people are posting here, it looks like the H6 shares a similar sound signature. I guess that's the B&O "house sound." Unfortunately it's priced a little too rich for my blood (the Jag isn't mine lol).

Jul 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #111 of 353
I loaned my pair of H3's to MrAdrian and hopefully he will give some impressions.

I'm going to include the H3 in a single driver dynamic earphone roundup thread I'm cooking up, but here are some further brief impressions:

- The H3 has a really natural, relaxing sound. They are all rounders and are most similar to the RE-400 while avoiding potential sibilance / harshness like that of the GR07 and 7550.
- Best aspect is a very wide, spacious soundstage, probably courtesy of the vents that eliminate noise isolation
- On stock tips, the H3 can occasionally sound strident in the lower treble, but nothing like the 7550
- Compared to the other earphones in their signature class (GR07, 7550, RE-400) they seem to lack a bit of definition. I really cannot tell if this impression stems from a slightly high frequency roll off or is the driver just a little uncontrolled on the low end.

I showed the H3 to a few people at a meet and we all agreed that it was a relaxing and natural listen but seemed to lack something. Amusingly, if you never A/Bed the H3 against anything else it sounds great because it disappears in your ears. 

I can't tell if the pricing is appropriate. $250 USD is somewhat reasonable if you would expect B&O to be extremely good with their after sales warranty service, but because they don't have best in class sound the price is a little rich. If these were $150 I would be pretty enthusiastic about them given the build quality and finishing, and at $200 I would still feel comfortable but it's no bargain. At $250 I really feel some misgivings.

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #112 of 353
I auditioned the H6 today. 
I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Compared to the Senn. Momentum, my portable headphone of choice, it was for me, only marginally better - BUT it was better. 
Was it 100 euros better? No. 
If money was no object I would almost consider replacing the Momentum. 

The thing I noticed immediately about the sound was the bass - it was more textured. Also the sub bass hit a tad harder which was extremely satisfying.
Personally I found the signature to be overall VERY similar to the Momentum, which is probably why I like it so much. 
There were no obviously emphasised frequencies, no boominess or echo. Just a very nice open sound in a closed can. 

There was only one thing I didn't like - I thought the clamping pressure was too high, which was quite disturbing and a little uncomfortable.

I can see a lot of people really liking this headphone though.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #114 of 353
First post on the site. I bought the H3's on a recent trip to Germany from a B&O store. When I first bought them I couldn't tell whether I was happy with my purchase or not; the sound was clear, trebles were crisp but the Bass was not as high/open as I like. I've now owned them for a couple days and put more hours on them and could not be happier; these IEM's really benefit from break-in time. The bass opened right up and is clear as can be. One thing I must comment on about the H3's is their very nice, wide soundstage. They also sound crystal clear; I've heard little background noises in old recordings that I've never heard before (ex. The Chain by Fleetwood Mac - breathing right at the beginning and the sound of one of the musicians clicking his tongue to the tempo - stunning). All in all - these buds are very clear to my ears and have very nice, crisp trebles (cymbal crashes ring perfectly as I read in another online review somewhere) and the mids and bass are shaped nicely and clearly.

Now, as good as these buds are and as much as I've sweet-talked them, I do have a couple problems with them. For starters I can't seem to find a place in my ear where these buds don't start making them sore, which is odd (most reviews I've read praise particularly how comfortable these buds are). They typically make the cartilage on the bottom of my ear a little (sometimes quite) sore after about 10 -15 minutes of use. Perhaps this is because I haven't figured out how to wear them properly yet? (If anybody has any advice on things to try, please let me know). It's a little disappointing to me. On another note, the price is a bit steep at $249. However these IEM's do have B&O design and quality in them (very good build quality, elegant but not flashy) and they did focus on sound quite intensely with these buds.

I'd have felt much more comfortable at $199 or even $219, but perhaps thats because $249 is a lot for headphones in my mind! haha. Having had several other buds in, perhaps, the lower tier (Sennheiser dontrememberthemodel#, Klipsch S4, Beats iBeats, Bose MEI2), these buds are perhaps more then a step-up to my ears and really let me enjoy my music again. Recommended to try for sure.

EDIT: I also should note, and might get scolded for this (haha), that my setup for these is just my iPhone 5... I found these IEM's really thrived on the "Hip-Hop" preset for just about every type of music... I listen to mostly rock/pop... Every kinds of both (From Fleet Foxes and Pink Floyd to Van Halen and Green Day... poor examples, I know lol).

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #115 of 353
First post on the site. I bought the H3's on a recent trip to Germany from a B&O store. When I first bought them I couldn't tell whether I was happy with my purchase or not; the sound was clear, trebles were crisp but the Bass was not as high/open as I like. I've now owned them for a couple days and put more hours on them and could not be happier; these IEM's really benefit from break-in time. The bass opened right up and is clear as can be. One thing I must comment on about the H3's is their very nice, wide soundstage. They also sound crystal clear; I've heard little background noises in old recordings that I've never heard before (ex. The Chain by Fleetwood Mac - breathing right at the beginning and the sound of one of the musicians clicking his tongue to the tempo - stunning). All in all - these buds are very clear to my ears and have very nice, crisp trebles (cymbal crashes ring perfectly as I read in another online review somewhere) and the mids and bass are shaped nicely and clearly.

Now, as good as these buds are and as much as I've sweet-talked them, I do have a couple problems with them. For starters I can't seem to find a place in my ear where these buds don't start making them sore, which is odd (most reviews I've read praise particularly how comfortable these buds are). They typically make the cartilage on the bottom of my ear a little (sometimes quite) sore after about 10 -15 minutes of use. Perhaps this is because I haven't figured out how to wear them properly yet? (If anybody has any advice on things to try, please let me know). It's a little disappointing to me. On another note, the price is a bit steep at $249. However these IEM's do have B&O design and quality in them (very good build quality, elegant but not flashy) and they did focus on sound quite intensely with these buds.

I'd have felt much more comfortable at $199 or even $219, but perhaps thats because $249 is a lot for headphones in my mind! haha. Having had several other buds in, perhaps, the lower tier (Sennheiser dontrememberthemodel#, Klipsch S4, Beats iBeats, Bose MEI2), these buds are perhaps more then a step-up to my ears and really let me enjoy my music again. Recommended to try for sure.

Thanks for the impressions. As for the comfort issue, maybe try tilting the earbuds a little after you get a good seal, so that the tips are tilted a bit downwards and the housing a little upwards? i.e. away from your ear cartilage.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #116 of 353
I've tried that already with no luck unfortunately... However I just went back to the package of my lost iBeats and found all the tips still in the box... One set fits my ears perfectly with no pain at all, my only concern is that the hole is more narrow then the stock tips... Would this affect the sound greatly, if at all? This might fix the problem for me.. Thanks for the help

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #117 of 353
Quote:
I've tried that already with no luck unfortunately... However I just went back to the package of my lost iBeats and found all the tips still in the box... One set fits my ears perfectly with no pain at all, my only concern is that the hole is more narrow then the stock tips... Would this affect the sound greatly, if at all? This might fix the problem for me.. Thanks for the help

A narrow aperture will tend to increase bass. I use Sony foam hybrid tips on my H3 and prefer both the sound and the fit.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #119 of 353
Does anyone know which Comply Foam tips best fit the Beoplay H3 IEM? The Comply Web site hasn't listed them yet, but I would imagine some of the tips already in production will fit just fine...

Actually I'm about to go grab a pair of complys... I looked for the sony hybrid foam tips you mentioned with no luck, so ill try these... I have a pair of iBeats as I said and they are listed under the 400 series... The ibeats tips fit the h3's just fine (though the aperture is slightly more narrow then stock tips) so I imagine the 400 series should fit... Them or the 500 would be my guess, can't speak for the 500s though.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #120 of 353
They are very nicely built, like everything B&O, Really no compromise, both in natural and in black, really nice. I tested them and found them to be analytical, and a bit thin... Might be due tp newness, who knows. I would like a pair but they are 349 euro's. See if I can scratch it together. After all , today Roberto Contador,  the bikeracer now second in The Tour the France, had them on while doing his warming up for the time stage:).  Fit is excellent by the way. Leather feels nice. I would not compare them with the sony MDR 1r, these are far nicer built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back