Presonus Central Station to balanced HD650
Jan 13, 2007 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

George Chronis

100+ Head-Fier
Is this going to work, if I use the TSR main out of the presonus. I've been reading the DA10 and balanced HD650 thread. Is the output of the Presonus strong enough to drive the HD650? If not, what kind of balanced amp do I need to try this out?

Jan 15, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 5
Bump. No owner of the Presonus has tried a balanced out to the HD650? Can anyone theoretically say, if I'm going to hurt anything by trying? I have read that there is a balanced cable for the HD650, correct?

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2007 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 5
If you have a way of controlling the volume, it should work fine I think. But depending on the output level of the Presonus it might not be able to get to higher listening volumes. There are several balanced cables you can buy, but you can quite easily make one yourself out of the stock cable if you can hold a soldering iron. I did that myself and tried running the HD650s straight out of my Zhaolu dac, but since it doesn't have any volume control I have to use my computer as source for that so I can control the volume in foobar for example. It works great though.

Jan 15, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, has a volume control on the main out. And I can solder (my PhD is in Robotics), so I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back