Presonus Audiobox, FiiO E7/E9 Setup and DT-990s
Jul 12, 2011 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

faroqui

New Head-Fier
So I just got the Presonus Audiobox USB from a friend, I'll be using it with my MIDI keyboard and eventually monitors, etc. Right now I have the FiiO E7/E9 combo and the Beyerdynamic DT-990 600ohm headphones. I couldn't find much info about the DAC in the Presonus audiobox, but I wanted to know how to set it up?

I was thinking the only way to really do this is to replace the E7 with the Presonus Audiobox and hook it up to my laptop via USB. Then run an RCA output from the audiobox to the E9. Please let me know what you think.

Also, feel free to suggest other USB Audio Interfaces (MIDI/Instrument support) worth taking a look at. I got this one from my friend, so I'll either buy it from him at a cheaper price or get a diff. one.

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 5
Forgot to mention, I just realized the other day that the E9 only has RCA Outputs not inputs. So I will have to Run a 1/4" from the presonus to a 1/8" on the E9. But the presonus audiobox would be a better DAC than the e7 right?

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 5
ive got no expierence with that particular dac, hopefully someone else can help you out.

Quote:
Forgot to mention, I just realized the other day that the E9 only has RCA Outputs not inputs. So I will have to Run a 1/4" from the presonus to a 1/8" on the E9. But the presonus audiobox would be a better DAC than the e7 right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back