Preparing to buy
Aug 5, 2005 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Kassem

500+ Head-Fier
I'm used to grado sr-60's.. unamped.. from my computer... SBLIVE shhh.

So.. im sure the improvement is going to be amazing either way.

I havent completely set my mind on the dt880's.. however.

I am 99% sure i'm going to get the Total Bithead and then later when i upgrade again (which i'm sure i will) I might get seperate DAC and amps.

So.. what i need to know is if the total bithead will be able to power the dt880's well enough.

Aug 5, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 10
because i was under the impression that the total bithead was a DAC and AMP... but i could be wrong. Thats why i'm here
orphsmile.gif

//edit//

okay so.. lets say i buy the MicroDAC. I'm not going to have many other chances to purchase more equipment but I will definitely need an amp that cost less than the microDAC but is also able to awaken the dt880s (or 580/600's)

Suggestions?

Aug 6, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 10
Yeah I was planning on using a computer. Can the microDAC use the computer and a different source?.. because I might go that route instead.

Aug 6, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 10
Man everyday I sit here at work and I read and read and read.. I feel like I'm learning so much.

How does this look?

MicroDAC -> microAMP (desktop module) -> dt880 or hd600's

Jeremy
lambda.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 10
thats what im slowly working towards. i ordered my micro amp with desktop module this week. i may also order the DAC by the end of the summer, or will ask for it for christmas, <3 living at home still (im in highschool).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back