Premium Sound Testing Question
Aug 7, 2020 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AstroCEO

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Where in the US can you test/purchase premium flagship audiophile headphones from many different manufacturers (e.g. HiFiman, Focal, Sennheiser, Audeze, Shure, Audiotechnica, and more, etc.)? I want to try all these different flagship monitors simultaneously, but I can't locate any place where that is even possible. I figure I'm asking the right crowd by coming here.

Thanks, AstroCEO.

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 4
The Cable Company has a headphone lending library. It's not free, but the cost (5% of retail of the headphone) can be applied toward a purchase. I've never used it, don't know if they include their entire inventory in it, and have no idea if they're doing it during the pandemic, or not. Just an idea.

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Hmmm... I don't know, sorry. I'm not really into the high-end, so I don't go looking for that stuff. I only remembered that the Cable Co. had some stuff. You might try calling around to some local hi-fi places. Even if they don't carry the stuff you're looking for they might at least have an idea of places that might.

The one place that I can think of is Audio46 in NYC. It looks like they're open for demos, but probably best to call first, just in case.

You might also try looking at the manufacturer websites under the dealers/retailers pages. You might get some ideas that way.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back