Preferred Media Player? (can't figure out Foobar)
Jan 12, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #61 of 69
Jan 12, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #63 of 69
not to sound like a Media Center 'fan-girl' (I actually have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with it) but as much as I might like I can find little to complain about with it.

Yes there is a Playing Now plugin and it can be configured to post to both your Instant Messanger (works with MSN, not sure which others) as well as to a web-forum signature or AudioScrobbler.

Yes it does portables including: iPod, Rio and most others. They have actually been putting a lot of work into polishing up the portables capabilities in their current Beta version for enhanced smoothness, features, and more trouble-free interaction.

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #64 of 69
i know for foobar and winamp you get toaster.

my preferred is foobar, i just create playlists and save them, use it as it comes when you download, no mods or columns etc. simple.

Jan 12, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by naelq
if anyone is interested i can send you my config's file.
smily_headphones1.gif
(just PM me)

can i get your config files?

Jan 13, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #66 of 69
I just installed J. River Media Center and all I can say is Absoulutely Freeken Fabulous!!! See ya Foobar. Is there anything I need to set to get the best possible sound through my Micro Dac? I allready installed the Flac pluggin and album art pluggin. Works like a charm.

Later.
Do!

Jan 13, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #67 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guust-Fi
I justed installed the trial version of Media Center 11, and I'm really starting to enjoy it. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that when I load an album into media center which contains .m4a files, it doesn't load completely and leaves out a couple of tracks. When I try to play the tracks from explorer, media center skips the track and starts playing the next one without warning me.
Can anyone help me out on this?

Try the MC forum they will be able to help you better.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php

Jan 13, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #68 of 69
Foobar is an absolute godsend when listening to music on the PC. Doing a blind AB test with WMP, Winamp and Foobar... you can hear Foobar's difference in an instant.

After spending so much time on my Miranda IM setup, I couldnt really be arsed doing Foobar. So a kindly gent on Head-Fi gave me his config. And with a bit of modificationing, is lovely.

Jan 13, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #69 of 69
Assuming you want to use the USB port on the MicroDac you need asio4all and select the USB audio device. In Jriver select ASIO output and you are ready to roll.

If you just want the bits passed through there is no difference in sound quality that Foobar has over JRMC or for that matter the good old Winamp.

If you want DSP processing I would recommend using the DirectX host in JRMC where you can plugin many commercial grade algorithms.

Cheers

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back