Predict the Future.
Aug 17, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #32 of 60
my prediction for the future: we will one day all be dead. enjoy it while it lasts. be kind to others. other than that, things are mostly out of our control.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my prediction for the future: we will one day all be dead. enjoy it while it lasts. be kind to others. other than that, things are mostly out of our control.

Agreed.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #34 of 60
I will fall ill at the age of 33, to an uncurable disease known only as "G". Three hours after my terminal diagnosis, I will be hit in the hospital lot by a stray pretzel truck.

Aug 17, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #37 of 60
The future is very bright. You'll get free headphones and amps of your choice, but no free shipping...
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #38 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best way to predict the future is to be from the future.

Aside from the fact Titor got just about everything wrong.

2nd US Civil war in 2004? Nope

CERN's dicovery of time-travel black holes in 2001? Nope

No more Olympic games after 2004? Nope

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #39 of 60
NUMBER THREE

Word here in this town is that teleportation has been going on for some time at Bendix. I'm told that matter is being "sent" thru steel plate, but that it arrives on the other side in an unorganized state, a la the first Trek movie.

Laz

Aug 18, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #40 of 60
I'm most interested in when replicators will be created. Economic disparity is largely rooted in having an underclass make things that we cannot make easily/cheaply with machine labor, and I think many basic manufacturing operations will never be able to be mechanized. With replication, such tasks as sewing mass numbers of garments will be obsolete, and so people will not have to spend long grueling hours doing mind numbing repetitive work.

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #41 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoa. where'd you hear about that?

read it in my local newspaper awhile back. Not sure if there are any archives in their website but i'll try to check.

Aug 18, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #43 of 60
1) Already out there. Depending on what you take into consideration (eg mars rovers). Otherwise, within the next 10 years for a fully automated car. Though I don't forsee them on USA's highways for a very long time.

2) Not for at least a few more lifetimes. I do believe suppression medication will advance greatly, that in time, HIV will not be a big problem. As for a cure, long long way off.

3) Never

Aug 18, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #44 of 60
wanna know something thats going to happen in the future.?...

1: Joanna is going to fall in love with me this time! i soooooo love that lady..like when shes around omg..boom boom goes my heart and rip rip goes my little guys..headphones people talking about headphones..

2: Jessi is going to go out with me shortly..i can tell by the look in her eyes...she is so into the panache..serious.

3: i will screw it up with Jessi after 3 weeks..its ok..

4 Jenn one of the ex's will try to kill me again..i am rooting you on Jenn!! you can do it..but to late i already tagged the sister..we played it together..no like she was watching these kids and we did play clean "whos it"..man your minds are in the gutter..jeez

5 Lisa is getting married...Thank You GOD for the freedom!

6 Stacy..um wait which one? forget it...actually i really did.

7. world peace...ok maybe after 1-6 is dead..
plainface.gif

Aug 18, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #45 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by badpenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also think anything is possible. If we can think it up it can happen. Doesn't matter what it is. Except 'Peace' that might be harder to obtain than time travel.

I have had many visions of me tweaking my audio system, and they all came true because I made them true. If you think of something, it's eventually going to happen.
I see aliens entering Earth with spaceships and picking me up, if they don't pick me up, I will just sneak into their ship instead, then I will wrap their spaceships in ERS Paper. It's going to happen. You will see it on the newspaper "Audiophile made first contact with extraterrestrial beings", on the front page there's a picture of the little alien wearing my K1000. Then a month later you see "One of the alien spaceships mysteriously blew up, aliens blame the humans".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back