Predict the Future.
Aug 17, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I'm allowed to reveal is that time travel is perfected in September of 2043.

Shhhhh......careful.

You know that you aren't allow......oops....Bye!

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #17 of 60
I predict that this post will be my 100th post
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by badpenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I predict that this post will be my 100th post
smily_headphones1.gif

Nailed that one!
icon10.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, let's have some fun & predicting the future. I want to know when/what year will we have:

1. Car which able to drive by itself (ex: KITT or as featured in I, Robot)

2. cure for AIDS

3. teleportation, either organic (human, pets, etc) or inorganic object.

4. for the fun of it, catch Osama Bin Laden
very_evil_smiley.gif

1. 2114.
2. Never.
3. Never (not counting light particles which they apparently already do).
4. He will die first.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 60
1. 2034 (I'm actually optimistic that this one is coming that soon. Of course, they will only be allowed in specially assigned lanes and highways. It will be a Lexus)

2. Never.

3. 2612 the first cloned pig is successfully transported from MIT to CalTech. 2620, human transport systems begin to be used by the military. 2624, the first civilian systems begin to be sold to the super-wealthy. 2626, transporters are put in place in transport terminals in cities throughout the world.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3. 2612 the first cloned pig is successfully transported from MIT to CalTech.

No, no, no. MIT would never give CalTech anything, much less a highly valuable first-ever-teleported pig!
tongue.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. 2034 (I'm actually optimistic that this one is coming that soon. Of course, they will only be allowed in specially assigned lanes and highways. It will be a Lexus)

2. Never.

3. 2612 the first cloned pig is successfully transported from MIT to CalTech. 2620, human transport systems begin to be used by the military. 2624, the first civilian systems begin to be sold to the super-wealthy. 2626, transporters are put in place in transport terminals in cities throughout the world.

4. He either will die or is dead already.

Why would we have such advances in technology but not in medicine? Medicinal advances like cures for AIDS and cancer seem much more tangible.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #23 of 60
Ok, ok. It's the cure part I take issue with. I don't think we'll ever have an actual cure for AIDS. I think a genetically created immunity is more likely.

Aug 17, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 60
1. This technology is already here. Sensor on car and in road knows distance to car infront, speed, Global Position, etc. Not sure why it is not out yet except for the retro they have to do on the roads first. It will probably be the next big boom after this MPG crunch. I am guessing 2016.

2. There already is a way to prevent AIDS. Change your lifestyle = no more AIDS. There will never be a cure.

3. I have seen a video of a 3d holographic TV. Believe it or not my Physics professor in college enjoyed Star Trek for the main reason that everything had a sound physics basis. Phasers, holograms, shields, and even teleporters in the show are based off of real world physics. They are all theoretically possible, however, technically we are still quite a ways off. I predict this one is at least 100 years still in the future.

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #25 of 60
1. Like flashnolan said, the technology is already in place. Saw it on some documentary years back. Sensors on car and in road. And Toyota has recently created a car which parks itself, so maybe in the near future sensors in the road won't be needed thus making the technology much easier to be implemented.

2. Like some has already said, even if pharmaceutical companies created a cure, they won't mass produce it or else they'll go bankrupt.

3. Actually some guy managed to teleport a small block of mass which I think is steel from one place to another maybe about 1 meter. The technology he used was to disassemble the block and reassemble them in another area. So this technology is gonna be almost impossible to be done on humans as our bodies are soooo complicated, as if disassembling a body part isn't hard enough to reassemble again, what about our DNAs.

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #26 of 60
Aug 17, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #27 of 60
Prediction #1
I predict that I will eat a ham sandwich before this day is over.

Prediction #2
I predict that you will fall in love with the sound of my beautiful voice.
Too bad you cannot hear it.

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #28 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by tek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3. Actually some guy managed to teleport a small block of mass which I think is steel from one place to another maybe about 1 meter. The technology he used was to disassemble the block and reassemble them in another area. So this technology is gonna be almost impossible to be done on humans as our bodies are soooo complicated, as if disassembling a body part isn't hard enough to reassemble again, what about our DNAs.

whoa. where'd you hear about that?

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #30 of 60
1. Already possible, as posted before

2. On the people saying the cure for AIDS is held back for profits, that's a very sad (but entirely possible) view. But why? The wave of fat Americans/rich people worldwide with diabetes, heart failure, etc. will bring far more money to the pockets of the pharmaceuticals.

OTOH, we already know of certain genes that make people resistant, or in rare cases effectively immune, to AIDS. It seems that their T-cell receptors have modifications that keep from interaction with the HIV virus. If that knowledge could be applied...

3. I doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future. Maybe after 2100...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back