Predator Problem
Apr 19, 2008 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Crackerman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have a question about the RSA Predator for anyone else who owns one; does it charge from the USB when its being used as a DAC? I assumed it did but mine has started to die on me so I guess it needs to be plugged in to charge properly.

The other question is will it harm the battery if I use a UK AC adapter to charge it? They only seem to supply US plugs so I'd need an adapter to put that it in order to charge it.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm still relatively new and the Predator is my first USB DAC.

Thanks.

Apr 19, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 7
The charger will work fine with your voltage but as you notice, you will need to use the adapter plug.

No the unit does not charge from the USB, you need to use the supplied charger that came with the amp.

Apr 19, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi, I don't own a Predator yet I don't think it charges from USB and also, the charger that it comes with is universal meaning you can use it in UK but you need the converter for the plug. Hope this helps...

Apr 19, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The charger will work fine with your voltage but as you notice, you will need to use the adapter plug.

No the unit does not charge from the USB, you need to use the supplied charger that came with the amp.

Beat me to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Wow fast responses, thanks.

I figured it would work okay with an adapter, just wanted to make sure because I didnt want to blow it up after only having it a couple of weeks.

Apr 20, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 7
According to Ray you'll ruin the amp if you use a different charger other than the one that came with it.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back