Predator for my iriver clix2?
Jun 29, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 26
I did that already, as I mentioned in my first post in this thread. And it does make the Clix2 sound much richer and wider, along with better bass slam. However, it sounds colored and somewhat different from a true lineout and USB DAC, a sign that it's headphone out isn't entirely neutral. However, this isn't a problem, only if you want a true-lineout sound.

Jun 29, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did that already, as I mentioned in my first post in this thread. And it does make the Clix2 sound much richer and wider, along with better bass slam. However, it sounds colored and somewhat different from a true lineout and USB DAC, a sign that it's headphone out isn't entirely neutral. However, this isn't a problem, only if you want a true-lineout sound.

in that case, do you prefer the coloured amped clix2 sound, or a true lineout sound?

Jun 30, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #18 of 26
Yes, I did try the Clix2 headphone-out at max volume.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I did try the Clix2 headphone-out at max volume.
biggrin.gif

lol then that would be in line with what i noticed for my clix 2 with the new predator that i tried at the shop. although that accessment was supposed to be inaccurate due to the predator not having been burned in.

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #20 of 26
What shop is this? I didn't know Ray Samuels allowed any stores to re-sell his amps?

As well, a brand new Predator amp will have the same sound signature as a burned in one, only not as refined. Don't be fooled into thinking that the Clix2 will ever sound identical to that of a lineout once the Predator is burned in. And yes, a line-out sound is what you want.

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

What shop is this? I didn't know Ray Samuels allowed any stores to re-sell his amps?

As well, a brand new Predator amp will have the same sound signature as a burned in one, only not as refined. Don't be fooled into thinking that the Clix2 will ever sound identical to that of a lineout once the Predator is burned in. And yes, a line-out sound is what you want.

he doesn't? why wouldn't he have distributors around the world?
I tried it out at Jaben.

I've read that the predator's completely different when burned in and brand new. but yeah i think i'l have to change a player if i get the predator, so as to make my money's worth. anw, this gives me a reason to hold off for awhile, since there aren't any flash players in existence that can hold the amt of music i have.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #22 of 26
Question is, do you REALLY need to have your entire collection on you when you travel?
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Question is, do you REALLY need to have your entire collection on you when you travel?
wink.gif

no i don't. which is what i'm living with now. but it'd be nice... there're times when u just feel like listening to something and it isn't there.

Jan 10, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #26 of 26
I've heard that he doesn't make them anymore but he is willing to service the ones he made as long as he have the necessary parts.
Late to the party here, but Ray is still making and selling product. I spoke with him today and ordered a Predator...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back