Precide Ergo AMP1: Mine's Broken. :( Help please?
Dec 28, 2010 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

crazyface

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, thanks for reading!
Bought this a couple years back from another Head-Fi'er, worked great even though I screwed-up one of the gain adjusters by stripping-out its dial with too much torque.  Listened for a while, but then I had to put it in the closet for a while.  Nothing weird about my closet, but when I took it out again just recently, the amp no longer works; when I plug the Ergo 2 headphones in, I only get a faint signal on the right side, and nothing on the left.  When I unplug the headphones halfway, it switches - I get a faint signal on the left but nothing on the right.
I've tried different cables, different sources - and when I plug my Grados into it, they also have the same issue.

I tried fiddling with the gains switches again, making sure that they were both set to max - and if they aren't now, they never will be.  It's hard to turn the one that I stripped out, but I kept at it gently for a while and, if it could be turned, it did.  In any case it hadn't been touched since I first messed with it, and it sounded fine at that time.

Is there nothing to do at this point but mail it all the way back to Precide and pay them for repairs, or has anybody got an idea I can try before taking that step?  Maybe I could get it fixed locally if I just knew what to tell them was the matter with it, specifically.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back