Pre-Order the Chord Mojo 2 at Audio46
Feb 3, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #46 of 55
Another thought: if my memory serves, Chord's margin on the original Mojo was really slim. The price increase may make this more profitable, or could just keep it level with inflation.

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #47 of 55
Another thought: if my memory serves, Chord's margin on the original Mojo was really slim. The price increase may make this more profitable, or could just keep it level with inflation.
It’s more of gateway to their house sound. So kind of investment to bring the crowd in. How many upgraded to Hugo or Hugo TT2 or Dave and Mscalar after Mojo impressed them

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #49 of 55
For all those complaining about the use of micro USB ports, let me tell you that USB-C is most certainly not the holy grail of reliability - I manage a lot of Mac laptops for my company and after 2 or 3 years the USB-C ports, mostly on the left side, are often completely buggered. Why the left side? Well that's the side that most of the users use to plug in the power adapter and other USB peripherals. Like micro USB they wear out quite rapidly.

As much as I'm no fan of Chord at least they are protecting customers investment in the Poly with this layout, and that's something to be commended in this day and age of having to throw away perfectly good equipment simply because a tech company has decided to make the new products incompatible with the old products.

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #52 of 55
For all those complaining about the use of micro USB ports, let me tell you that USB-C is most certainly not the holy grail of reliability - I manage a lot of Mac laptops for my company and after 2 or 3 years the USB-C ports, mostly on the left side, are often completely buggered. Why the left side? Well that's the side that most of the users use to plug in the power adapter and other USB peripherals. Like micro USB they wear out quite rapidly.

As much as I'm no fan of Chord at least they are protecting customers investment in the Poly with this layout, and that's something to be commended in this day and age of having to throw away perfectly good equipment simply because a tech company has decided to make the new products incompatible with the old products.
USB C is not the ultimate but it's definitely better than micro especially for portable use. If you forgot your cable, you hardly find it with others these days. There are a few negatives.
Whoever has Poly will also have Mojo cause it only with works with it.

If the UHD DSP is anywhere close to whatever they are advertising, I will still buy it.

I am not complaining about the price because it's priced similarly to the original in India. There are some hardly known companies who are charging thousands of dollars for their products these days and people are still buying them.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #53 of 55
In addition to weird miniusb insistence, I see that people equally complain of not being taken into consideration by Chord. The sound of course is normally the first parameter to evaluate but in this case a company giving no f's at all disappoints people and gets ahead of the sound.

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #54 of 55
I for one am quite interested to hear this DAC and as always sound quality is the main reward.

For me I actually prefer the micro USB connection, if for no other reason that it will be compatible with my custom DC LPS that connects via micro - although if that is only to charge the battery it may not make any difference vs. a plain old USB micro connection. Geez, those cables are not expensive anyway, and if it's only for power I don't see any issue.

For inputs it has another micro USB, 3.5mm coax input, USB-C and Toslink optical which gives me a few options, although I'd have to order special cables to work with my DDC.

A downside is it's lacking RCA output. Makes me wonder if the Mojo is meant for full size desktop DAC duties? I'm hoping it may somehow sound close to their Qutest DAC which I was absolutely thrilled with.

Feb 5, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #55 of 55
I for one am quite interested to hear this DAC and as always sound quality is the main reward.

For me I actually prefer the micro USB connection, if for no other reason that it will be compatible with my custom DC LPS that connects via micro - although if that is only to charge the battery it may not make any difference vs. a plain old USB micro connection. Geez, those cables are not expensive anyway, and if it's only for power I don't see any issue.

For inputs it has another micro USB, 3.5mm coax input, USB-C and Toslink optical which gives me a few options, although I'd have to order special cables to work with my DDC.

A downside is it's lacking RCA output. Makes me wonder if the Mojo is meant for full size desktop DAC duties? I'm hoping it may somehow sound close to their Qutest DAC which I was absolutely thrilled with.

I don't think the original Hugo was meant for desktop duties, and then people just used it because it sounded better than a lot out there in desktop as well as stereo setups. Chord caught on with Hugo 2, implementing a desktop mode where the battery is bypassed to preserve it's life when it's plugged in for greater than 24 hours.

The Mojo 2 now also has this feature because people used the Mojo the same way. Therefore, if you want to use it in a desktop system go for it: You'll have to use a quarter inch to RCA, but Chord had this configuration in mind. Heck, you can hook an M-Scaler to it now (I think, through the 3.5mm coax - someone can confirm), so if that's the case, you have an upgrade path as well for desktop use. I know it seems silly to hook a $5k upscaler to a $750 dac, but if you plan on moving up the Chord line - it's not as ridiculous as it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back