Pre-Halloween Costume Buyin
Sep 19, 2006 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mb3k

1000+ Head-Fier
Year after year whenever my brain goes *click* it's time to get a Halloween costume it's usually too late (ie. October 30th). This time a proactive approach will and have been taken!
I've always wantetd a Stormtrooper outfit, but the girlfriend thinks that's too... nerdy. So I expanded my horizons and purchased a V for Vendetta costume online.
What are your plans for costumes for next month? Or do you guys wear costumes regularly?
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 10
Well, my costume is easy. I plan on being Raul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I need to find a hat and glasses, goofy shirt, an old medicine bottle and label it ether, and a little american flag. Also, I need to find a cigarette holder. It'd be nice if I had a Dr. Gonzo with me but ehh.

Sep 19, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by brian183
Well, my costume is easy. I plan on being Raul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I need to find a hat and glasses, goofy shirt, an old medicine bottle and label it ether, and a little american flag. Also, I need to find a cigarette holder. It'd be nice if I had a Dr. Gonzo with me but ehh.

I've seen those old school Las Vegas plastic green visors on eBay before. You'll need Acapulco shirts too
wink.gif

I'm having 6 screws and a plate taken out of my leg on the 25th so I'll be going as couch man on vicodin.

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 10
Last year for a party, the wife and I were scambling for a costume before a party. All the "seasonal stores" that pop up for the occasion, had way overpriced junk that would probably barely hold up through an evening.

We ended going for the clasic doctor costume. We went over to uniform store in the local mall and picked up some scrubs, lab coat, and a few accessories. It actually worked out great. Very comfortable, still around for this year, and never goes out of style. When we got to the party, what suprised us, was that a number of people thought that we were in the medical field because they said "it looked so real"
wink.gif

Go figure, we shop at the same places....
My mom inspired the idea because she was talking about ordering a bunch of new scrubs for work shortly before we were looking for the costume.

Also, very comfy for just lounging around in on the weekends.

-Jeff

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #7 of 10
Last year the Wife and I dressed as the Blues Brothers - Jake and Elwood. This year, we are pretty much poor, so my costume will have to be cheap. As such, I am going as Buckethead (she might go as a Buckethead-ette). Expressionless mask, yellow rain jacket and a Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket. Shouldn't cost me more than $10 bucks. No one at the party will know who in the hell I am supposed to be, which makes it that much cooler IMO...

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #9 of 10
well if i can find it cheap enough and in the right size (i'm a big guy) i want to go russian WW2 and wear it at work...

since i probably won't find what i need i'll end up just wearing the helmet (which i already have...check the webcam pic post thread) and going as "crazy dude with a helmet"

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 10
back when I was but a munchkin my favourite show was TNG, and my favourite character was Geordi. Trying to find out how in the world to make his visor, I stumbled upon the fact that his visor was actually a hairclip, painted silver and gold. So guess what I did? Raided my sisters room, and painted a hairclip! Got the badge, phasor, tricorder and a suit made by my mother. I was so proud.. <wipes a tear>. now? I wear my clothes cause I dont get invited to costume parties <wipes another tear>
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back