Pre amp for turntable
Mar 21, 2006 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Little J040

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi all im thinking about making a pre amp for my tt to my main reciever, i was wondering if theres any simple DIY kits or schems out there.

Thanks,
Jeff

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 5
There are some plans.. Search the forums here and diyaudio for "RIAA"
I know there was one called "Phonoclone" but know nothing about it. There were a few other inquiries here about what to build.

I'm sure someone will chime in.

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 5
I built the one at ElliiottSound Products a while back. I actually did the 78rpm version. It's inexpensive, and quite easy to build.

It works well, very well for my use, but I don't like its sound as well as that of the phono section in my preamp (NAD c162). I was never able to get it as quiet as I wanted. It has a slight hum that disappears in mono -- which is great for 78s, but I wouldn't be satisfied for stereo recordings.

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 5
What you're after is called a phono stage usually, and there's plenty out there.

Normally I would pimp my own variant of the El-Cheapo here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147056 but since my DNS will be down till saturday giving a few temporary dead links to vitals likes schematics I won't.

Hangon.... Damn
biggrin.gif

Check back saturday
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back