Praise to all the dish washers out there
Feb 12, 2015 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
I used to be a dish washer at a busy restaurant and let me tell you, it's not easy working those long exhausting hours. Dish washers are often the invisible people and the work load can be hard and tiring. You guys rock!

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 9
Yeah I beilieve it. I remember being ignored by everyone cuz I was a nobody- just the lowly dishwasher although it kind of seems funny now.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #5 of 9
Oh and I also cleaned toilets too working in the basement of a store. Yeah that sucked too. So praise to all the toilet cleaners in the public bathrooms. It's a thankless job.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 9
I once worked as a dishwasher in a busy Italian restaurant. There were tons of pots and pans with caked on and baked on and broiled on tomato sauce and ten thousand cheeses. It was brutal getting those clean! All hail the dishwashers!

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #9 of 9
At my workplace, a fast food restaurant, every day two foreign workers will come and wash practically everything in the kitchen.

All biscuit trays, all steam table containers, food scoops, spatulas, flour sifting equipment, ice table for holding raw chicken, fries baskets, flour containers and so much more.
Not only that, one of them will sweep (and maybe mop) and mop (just found out last night they do mop) the guest area while the other will wash the kitchen floor with soap and hot water (the kitchen floor will be oily and dirty and the end of each day).

Got to hand it to them.
We will give them free food (sad to say, it is leftovers) and soft drinks.
Without these two cleaners, obviously the kitchen crew will be so exhausted every single day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back