Practical Listening: How can I find differences between hi/lo end earphones?
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedomflyer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also - one thing that I have been doing lately is wearing a beanie over my IEM's to give them just enough pressure to stay in nice and snug and keep everything kind of in one spot...is that something a lot of people do? (Sounds weird, I know...but I've found it's the best way for me to keep my earphones comfy and keeping ye' ol' seal)

Oh snap! yeah i have been known to do that (just not in summer) also at work i work in a factory were its just so loud even the noise isolation of the IEM's is compromised so i will wear earmuff's and it makes the sound so quiet its like sitting in a private room with a huge sound system!

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #17 of 17
Okay - so I finally got a DAC/Amp. I got the Nuforce Icon Mobile and so far as I'm breaking it in (about 30 hours) it is sounding pretty good. If for no other reason, it is so nice to plug it into the usb of a computer and not get any of that annoying "buzz" or "background sound" and just hear silence. So when I have quiet music on, it's very responsive and clean. Love it!

I now have around 400 songs in FLAC that I'm listening to...got some Michael Jackson, Collective Soul, Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston, etc...and it's all sounding quite awesome.

One question on an Eq ---- I mentioned that I noted that the SF 5p's aren't the bassiest IEM's in the world. Now, I realize that one most likely wants to keep the eq exactly in the middle and have the IEM's be totally neutral so you get equal sound, but how would I go about tweaking the eq just enough to get a bit more full bass? Does using an eq just distort the sound when you increase the low end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back