PPAv2 noise
Nov 16, 2006 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Polaris111688

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I thought my PPAv2 worked fine after I finished building it. It plays audio fine for about 3 minutes, and then there's random interference that goes in and out (about half a second every time it comes in and a random amount of time between every time that happens) that sounds like radio static. It's completely random, and isn't clipping. I'm positive, because it doesn't occur when my VU meter for that amp lights up high. Could it be radio-frequency interference in the room I was testing in? The electronics teacher in there said that his cadets were doing radar and radio frequency related stuff. I'm using a regular (non-anodized or shielded) aluminum case. Also, when integrating the HPDAC dsavitsk built for me a little while back into this project, when I took it out of the Hammond aluminum case, it ceased to be recognized via USB, but when I put it back into the Hammond aluminum case, it worked like a charm... What's going on here?!

Nov 17, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 3
My Milletts and PIMETA's will pick up the transmissions from my Blackberry - when nothing else bothers them. The cell phone doesn't have to be operating, but if that BB is reading e-mail: shpissshh ... shpish ... shpishhh. I thought one of my Milletts had fried a buffer the other night until I realized I still had that d*mn thing on my belt.

If they were doing radar and RF closeby, that would definitely do it.

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 3
Get a solid metal box, ground it, and put your amp inside. RF problem fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back