"PPAS - SMD PPA that fits in a tin"
Sep 5, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #256 of 258
There was a problem getting IC buffers, TI BUF634 SOIC, for this amp a time back. I still don't have the money to do up a little diamond buffer prototype for this rig yet (seeing as there is a Ducati in my budget...) and IMO the national semi buffers discussed in this thread use slightly more current than I desire in a portable amplifier. I prefer the sound of the National chips over the more mellow BB sound but I'd much like this amp to pull ~30 mA (less being better). However, I just got a notice from mouser on friday that the buffers (TI BUF634 SOIC) that I backordered in june had finally shipped. Oddly enough, I was just about to check this thread out one more time before I ordered the rest of the amp components from mouser today.

I think you will be seeing more reports on this amp as the buf634 chip becomes more readily available.

Sep 5, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #257 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by wobberly1
What happened to the PPAS, its seemed to have fallen into a black hole.

Has anyone built one yet?

Are there any problems with it?

How good does it sound?

curious
Martin

I built two. One paired with an Alien DAC for a friend and another as a straight amp for myself.

The only issue was operator error installing one buffer upside down.

Since I couldn't find any Buf634's at the time, I used LMH6321 instead and they bouth sound great.

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #258 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver96
I think you will be seeing more reports on this amp as the buf634 chip becomes more readily available.

Great, I'll look forward to hearing more about it.

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back