PPA Vs. MKII...
Apr 12, 2004 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ProParadox

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, with the new sky high price of the Perreaux's I'm kind of leaning torwards these two amps to pair with my HD650's. One is tube, one is solid state. I would probably build my own PPA, just because I enjoy such things
wink.gif

What are your opinions on amps around $350? What are my other options? Tube Vs. Opamp...? What do you all think?

Apr 12, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 7
By MKII are you referring to the RKV Mark II?

Apr 12, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 7
.. or Corda HA-1 MKII ?

Apr 12, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 7
Well the sound between those two (at least one PPA [w/diamond] I've heard and the MG-Head MKI I own), are extremely different. Play the tube/ss stereotypes well. Head is warm, almost liquid in smoothness. PPA is more articulate/detailed, and probably better all purpose. Head will make those female vocals seem like they're sung just for you. PPA will help the notes between the notes make an appearance.

Apr 13, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
Well the sound between those two (at least one PPA [w/diamond] I've heard and the MG-Head MKI I own), are extremely different. Play the tube/ss stereotypes well. Head is warm, almost liquid in smoothness. PPA is more articulate/detailed, and probably better all purpose. Head will make those female vocals seem like they're sung just for you. PPA will help the notes between the notes make an appearance.

That's a really nice description. I only know the PPA, but I like the comparison you make.

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back