PPA V2 - Buffer Resistor Help
Apr 20, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
Welcome to the bleeding edge; sometimes you get cut.

And seriously, thank you for bringing me along. Without you (and head-fi) I'd still think that my apple buds were fantastic...

N

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by divie23
is 4.7K 2W an acceptable alternative???

Mouser are all out of the 2.2K ones.

4.7R, not k !!! Everything from 2R2 to 4R7 should be fine, rated wattage of at least 1W is recommended

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #19 of 22
lol.

4.7K sure woulda been interesting.

Another question....

I'm intending on using a metal case fot the PP2 and steps. I understand that I need an isolated output jack but how about input RCAs?

Do these need to be isolated also or is using the all-metal non-insulated variety OK?

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #20 of 22
Oh and thank you in advance
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by divie23
I'm intending on using a metal case fot the PP2 and steps. I understand that I need an isolated output jack but how about input RCAs?

Do these need to be isolated also or is using the all-metal non-insulated variety OK?

what are you going to tie to your case ? Earth ? Signal ground ? Nothing ? I'd recommend to tie your case to earth and insulate the input RCAs from the case because you got the psu (with the mains line) in your case. When using a seperate psu I'd tie the case to signal ground.

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #22 of 22
seconded.. case --> earth and jacks should be isolated.. I think tangent has it in one of his articles IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back