PPA Project Announcement
Jul 10, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #331 of 340
PPL and myself have been listening to the PPA proto on any 9-32 volt AC wall wart we could find without any audible problems. The battery board is simply for those people who enjoy good tunes at the park, mountain, relatives, etc.

I assure you a battery board is not needed but it will be a very nice accessory.

Jul 10, 2003 at 6:38 AM Post #332 of 340
Ok, I don't think I'll need one. thanks!

Jul 10, 2003 at 6:54 AM Post #333 of 340
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent
As a very vague handwaving range, figure 7 to 45 hours, depending on many factors. Again, the docs will cover this when I get around to writing them.

Thanks Tangent. 30 to 40 hours of battery life in an awesome sounding amp that has the capability to be a transportable is totally awesome. That's all I wanted to hear. It wouldn't matter for some people to use the maximum amount of cells the board can take if they'd be travelling and want to bring the best sound they can grab on to.

Two thumbs up!!!

Jul 10, 2003 at 11:15 PM Post #334 of 340
Quote:

30 to 40 hours of battery life in an awesome sounding amp that has the capability to be a transportable is totally awesome.

Fair disclosure: you'd have to go with AAs to get that kind of lifetime, or an external battery pack. Going with AAA's lets things lay out better inside the amp, and lets you get a higher supply voltage at the expense of run time. With a simple AAA battery setup inside the amp, lifetime is more like 7 to 15 hours.

Jul 13, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #337 of 340
Soon, yes. Patience.

Jul 15, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #340 of 340
Hi Guzzler. Sorry, we are not going to add onboard shunt resistors. Shunting a linear pot presents a variable impedance to the source. The Alps Blue is a good pot. If you want better, use a stepped attenuator.

Sometime later today I will start a new thread to announce the PPA final candidate and issue a last call for comments, suggestions, and requests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back