PPA Bros Glamour Shots
Dec 3, 2003 at 8:59 PM Post #18 of 24
Once again, you have outdone yourself with some amazing photographs! Makes me want to buy a Sony as my next camera. Outstanding!

Very nice amp there. I really like the look of the LaRocco panels. Did he include the jacks, knobs, and switches? If so, how much does it cost for the panels and hardware?

280smile.gif

Dec 4, 2003 at 1:03 AM Post #19 of 24
Those look like CCW (Custom Chassis Works, the chassis-making arm of LaRocco Audio) knobs to me... and the bolts are definitely CCW. Same goes for the switches -- those are custom-machined aluminum caps on the switches...

Dec 4, 2003 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 24
Would I be able to achieve that "brushed finish" on the aluminium case of my nOrh SE9?
confused.gif

It looks really cool.

Dec 4, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
Would I be able to achieve that "brushed finish" on the aluminium case of my nOrh SE9?
confused.gif

It looks really cool.

The face of the nOrh SE9 appears to be anodized black. This makes refinish very difficult due to its scratch resistant nature. If power tools are not used, it could be very time consuming. Not recommended but definitely doable. Sand paper, Spray adhesive, flat surface, Steady hands, DONE...

Good Luck,
B_D

Dec 5, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by binary_digit
The face of the nOrh SE9 appears to be anodized black. This makes refinish very difficult due to its scratch resistant nature. If power tools are not used, it could be very time consuming. Not recommended but definitely doable. Sand paper, Spray adhesive, flat surface, Steady hands, DONE...

Good Luck,
B_D

Actually, I meant the chrome portion of the case, the sides and the top.

Dec 5, 2003 at 10:07 PM Post #24 of 24
If the material is sheet steel under the plating then I wouldn't. You may have a rust problem. You would have to spray a coat of clear over it and this can get messy real quick. The Color can change to an unattractive dull gray as well when this technique is used. Better to leave it and make another case yourself.

Good Luck,
B_D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back