ppa breadboard (large pics!)
Sep 15, 2004 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jboehle

1000+ Head-Fier
Laid out for use with a LaRocco diamond buffer.

ppabb1.jpg

ppabb2.jpg

ppabb3.jpg

Is there any downside to this (besides making sure none of the pins are touching each other)?

-Jason

Sep 15, 2004 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 8
the pins in the IC sockets are ok but the input resistors should be permantly soldered to the BD once values are chosed. also since the new buffers sit lower than the old ones the pins for R10 and R14 may interfear with the Buffer install.

Sep 15, 2004 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for the replies, all.

ppl, I did not realize the new buffers sat that low, thanks for pointing that out. I am unlikely to change R10 or R14 from the schematic values of 1K, so taking out the pins for those will be fine. I had been debating whether or not to socket the resistors at all...the only ones I really want to socket are R4 (gain) and R7 (bass boost), so I can play around with different values. Will there be any problems with the R9 trimpot's height and the new buffers? What about C7?

I haven't soldered down any of the sockets yet, which is why I posted the pics and asked you guys to point out problems - before I solder them down. Soldering these particular pins is quite easy, the diameter of the pin very closely matches the diameter of the holes on the board, so I don't have to worry about the pins tilting one way or the other when soldering them in.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back