PPA & Battery Board in same case
Jan 28, 2005 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

intlplby

500+ Head-Fier
how did you all fit the PPA and battery board together in the same case..... i can't seem to figure out how they can both fit

i don't have anything on the PPA higher than 25mm and i am using the AAA holders

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 5
Tangent had (has?) a pdf file with a drawing on how to fit everything in the hammond enclosure and drill templates for the front panel. Not sure if it's still online
confused.gif

/U.

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 5
It does fit... I've got the Bat Board in the 3rd slot, counting up from the bottom. and the PPA Board in the 5th. This leaves 28mm from board to lid.
With some form of protection between boards, you could use slots 3 and 4 or 4 and 5.

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 5
1) you need to put the battery board in the third slot from the bottom and put it in upside down.

2) You can fit the PPA board in the fourth slot (upright), but you need to make sure the leads from all parts are as flush to the bottom surface of the board as possible...you can use a file to file them down, but be careful not to file off the thin layer covering the board traces.

3) tangent sells a teflon sheet that fits between the two boards to protect against shorting...or you could find something yourself, perhaps a hardware store carries sheets of teflon thin enough to place between the boards.

It's a tight fit so make sure you get the boards into the case before you start drilling holes in the panels.

Here's the link to the pdf mentioned above: http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/ppa...anels-v0.6.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back