PowerMac G5 digital out/internal speaker issue
Dec 3, 2004 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drfnord

New Head-Fier
Slight issue...

I have my setup connected to the optical out of my PowerMac, and in system preferences, I have the audio out selected to be the digital out. The problem is, that whenever my system goes to sleep(shuts off monitor/spins down hd's), it unmutes the internal speaker. This wouldn't be a big deal, except it's annoying when I'm blasting electro or something, and my roommates spontaneously start popping and locking because I don't realize that the music is coming out of my computer as well. At Apple's website, they say this can be gotten around by lowering the internal speaker volume all the way down. I tried that, and now it mutes the the digital out after coming out of sleep. It's not that big of a deal, it just means that I have to futz with the system prefs for two secs every time the computer wakes up, but it's getting annoying. Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Brian.

Dec 3, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 2
Is 'popping and locking' like 'locking and loading' in reverse?

Anyway, I don't have a solution to your problem exactly, but take a look at the free SoundSource app or cheap Detour app here. It may be a work around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back