powerfull sound from my pc ?
Feb 28, 2006 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

robertburchell

Head-Fier
Hey guys, heres my dilema, or at least my question. Im moving my computer downstairs, away from my stereo. As it stands, heres how my setup goes.

Computer (integrated sound) --> into Stereo reciever --> HD485

I notice that when i have the cans plugged into the reciever, the sound is very powerfull. Bass really slams, midrange and highs are very smooth. Now when i plug my cans right into my pc's integrated sound, I get sound that is much much brighter, but the bass and lower midrange really rolls off. When I move my PC downstaires i cant bring my stereo so. Heres the question. Would a new sound card help ? I want to be able to run my headphones right outta my PC but still have a very powerfull sound. IF so, can someone recomend a sound card with a great value, performance/dollar. If not, what do i need to do ? Buy another reciever ?

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 2
you could buy a small headphone amp (cmoy, pa2v2, etc) or you could buy a sound card with an onboard mini-amp. I own an M-Audio Revolution 5.1, and it has a dedicated headphone out with enough of an amp behind it to drive cans such as yours very nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back