Powered Sub for A7x
Jan 4, 2015 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bossatiger

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm looking for a powered subwoofer to pair with my Adam A7x powered monitors. I no longer actually use them to monitor or do critical listening for mixing and such (have invested in a totally separate setup in another studio) so they will sit in my living room desktop rig. I'm looking at a couple of choices:

Adam Sub7/Sub8/Sub10
SVS SB-1000/SB-2000
KRK 10s/12s

I'm trying to keep it under $1k, but it needs to fill up a medium sized living room space mainly for a wide variety of music (less home theater oriented)
Any help appreciated

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #2 of 2
IMO, the SVS subs are a definite step up in SQ over the KRKs--definitely worth the money. I haven't heard the Adam subs, but they seem a bit over priced in comparison to the SVS subs based on specs.

The SB-1000 is a very small compact sub (I have one). Probably best in rooms under 2,000 cubic feet, and or if you are a basshead, you might not be satisfied except for nearfield usage. Also, if you do intend to use it at all for movie watching, it does not extend as deep as I would personally choose for that application--but fine for most music. The SB-2000 would be better in both of these regards.

You should also consider Rythmik Audio subs. Their F12 would be worth looking into.

To learn more about other subs in your budget range, be sure to check out the AVS subwoofer forum. They are to subwoofers as Head-Fi is to headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back