Powered speakers + Apple onboard sound == background hiss/buzz/static
May 12, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange i get no hiss or hum out of my 2 year old MBP.

Me either ... but I am actually using a 1998 G3 Pismo running 10.3.9 ....

May 12, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Kennedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me either ... but I am actually using a 1998 G3 Pismo running 10.3.9 ....

Using 10.5.2 but i did not notice any noise with TIGER either.

May 12, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #19 of 24
Nice to hear that your audio equipment is working as it should. I guess we should never underestimate the effects of dirty power in a PC.
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to hear that your audio equipment is working as it should. I guess we should never underestimate the effects of dirty power in a PC.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, mine does just fine, as well, either straight out of the headphone jack or through an iMic or external DAC. And I'm doing everything wrong -- computer amp (2 of them, actually) printer, USB hub -- all plugged into a computer-grade power strip off of the same outlet.

Never underestimate the effects of good luck, I suppose. Sounds like our OP does, indeed have a power issue.

Tim

May 13, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #22 of 24
Hello-first timer here,
I am looking for some advice on configuration of my gear for a headphone listening party. I have a Macbook pro an external drive, and a TC electronics Konnekt24D. I was thinking of using the optical out on my MacBook to the optical in on the TC 24D unit, the headphone amp seems more than adequate and very clean -and it has two headphone outputs. Im not sure wether to use the hard drive thats in my macPro or use my ext. firewire 800 drive. Also I need to add another person to my listening party -So i need another output somewhere/somehow. any ideas? I'm guessing I am going to need another headphone amp

May 14, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Reverb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello-first timer here,
I am looking for some advice on configuration of my gear for a headphone listening party. I have a Macbook pro an external drive, and a TC electronics Konnekt24D. I was thinking of using the optical out on my MacBook to the optical in on the TC 24D unit, the headphone amp seems more than adequate and very clean -and it has two headphone outputs. Im not sure wether to use the hard drive thats in my macPro or use my ext. firewire 800 drive. Also I need to add another person to my listening party -So i need another output somewhere/somehow. any ideas? I'm guessing I am going to need another headphone amp

This is really a question for its own thread... If you can use either hard drive, then it doesn't matter which you pick. If you need more headphone outputs, a splitter should be good enough for some casual listening.

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #24 of 24
My Macbook Pro is the late 2006 Core2duo model.

I am using UE SF5P and Alessandro M2, both of them can hear a bit noise when jet that into the onboard sound out in very quiet environment, and WITHOUT playing any music.

However the noise can easy "cover" by office air-conditioning and any music that play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back