Poweramp fast-forwards FLAC file
Jun 1, 2016 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AudiOw

Head-Fier
When I try to play a FLAC file on my Android phone through Poweramp, it just fast-forwards it without playing it
Also, it loads a random photo I have on my phone as the album art of that song.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 8
Which version of Poweramp are you using? Have you tried Poweramp Alpha 703?

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 8
Alpha 703 isn't in the Play Store. I just found out that 704 has been released.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/max-mp/poweramp/poweramp-alpha-build-704-uni-release/poweramp-alpha-build-704-uni-android-apk-download/

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 8
No root. It's not in the Play Store yet because it's an entirely new code that they are still testing before release, which is why is an Alpha.

I find that the Alpha release, besides having a bunch of new features, sounds better than the official version. You'll have to download the *.apk file and enable "Unknown Sources" in your settings before Android will let you install it.

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #7 of 8
No root. It's not in the Play Store yet because it's an entirely new code that they are still testing before release, which is why is an Alpha.

I find that the Alpha release, besides having a bunch of new features, sounds better than the official version. You'll have to download the *.apk file and enable "Unknown Sources" in your settings before Android will let you install it.

Ok, I am now able to play the FLAC file 
o2smile.gif

How can I have Poweramp Alpha automatically tag music files details by only how I named them on the computer?

Also using Musixmatch, the lyrics float on the screen, but unlike in the custom media player, in Poweramp they don't follow with where the song is playing (I need to manually scroll the lyrics as the song plays).

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Alpha doesn't have all features working yet. Musixmatch will be fully functional once the Alpha is finished. I mainly like it because of the better sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back