power
Apr 28, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 8
Absolutely...and pull out the battery too.  :)

Why would you need to power off the ipod to change headphones might I ask?  What do you think will happen if you don't?

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Should you turn the power off on your ipod to change headphone's

What exactly amounts to an iPod being off...? Screen off? Music not playing? If it is the latter, then the iPod does it after you pull the plug anyway.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 8
i think he is referring to the popping and horrible noise you get when plugging and unplugging, i know it sounds loud but its no louder than you play music its still the same power being delivered to the headphones that you listen to music to so i shouldnt think any damage would occur but you are right the popping is disturbing and dont sound healthy

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
i think he is referring to the popping and horrible noise you get when plugging and unplugging, i know it sounds loud but its no louder than you play music its still the same power being delivered to the headphones that you listen to music to so i shouldnt think any damage would occur but you are right the popping is disturbing and dont sound healthy

That's exactly what i mean, also when you disconnect the lod from a portable amp

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 8
Oh, that annoying sound. I usually remove the earphones off my ears, press pause, then unplug it to avoid that irritating sound. I don't think it is necessarily 'damaging' though.

Same procedure with changing earphones too... but that's just because I don't enjoy changing earphones in the middle of a song.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back