Power supply for Optimus CD-3400
Sep 5, 2002 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kfaiman

Head-Fier
I am using an Optimus CD-3400 as a transport (coax digital out)for my modified Art DI/O (opamp-less, Jensen transformer output, Black Gate caps, etc). I also have a decked-out META42 by eric343 and a set of ATH-W100 headphones. I've jammed all this equipment into a medium-sized aluminum briefcase to bring it to work everyday.
tongue.gif
I have an Elpac linear regulated PS for the META42, and a modded PS for the DI/O...

I've been running the CD-3400 off of a Radio Shack PS 2.5A 450mA 6-6.5v wallwart (cd player reads 6.2v input). But, switched to batteries after I started getting slight static noise in my music. It seems to have helped, but I don't want to spend $ on batteries on a weekly basis. Anyone know any high-quality wallwart solutions that I could use? I would even consider a DIY PS if it isn't too large or heavy. Or maybe a tiny line conditioner (2-3 socket) would help my whole system? Thanks for the advice.

KenF

Sep 5, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 4
Doesn't the Optimus have a built in charger?

There was actually a unit for sale made for the Optimus when it was hot, I just can't recall who made them. Check Stereophile around 1994 and it'll be in there.

Sep 5, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 4
Doesn't the Optimus have a built in charger?

There was actually a unit for sale made for the Optimus when it was hot, I just can't recall who made them. Check Stereophile around 1994 and it'll be in there.

But I recall it being too expensive to make sense - better to just get a more expensive player/transport when all is said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back