Power Supply for Buffered CMOY
Aug 5, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #16 of 18
cheers for the suggestion but its a great deal more work and involves dreaded demolition of my existing amp.

i'll remember this for my 'retirement amp' though, although its certainly a good few yrs off!

Aug 6, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #17 of 18
I don't know that I would do the mods if you are all finished off and cased up already. The benefits are there, but they are somewhat subtle.

Definitely worth it if you are building <say a second amp> from the ground up, as it's not too much more work if you are already considering a homemade linear PS. The rework can be a bit trickier depending on your layout. On the mETA it's an easy mod to the board, but then you do have to deal with the jack, likely going to a mini-din or an xlr.

I have to reiterate that I'm not suggesting that you do it per se, but only that you did not overlook the possibility. I doubt I would bother if your amp is finished out to that level. Point taken.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 4:15 PM Post #18 of 18
thanks for your help voodoo. just gave my new PS a workout - very nice indeed! Nearly **** myself when the thing wouldnt go above approx 3V - turned out that the output electrolytic was the wrong way around! Jeez. But now that its sorted its working a treat. I left a 5K POT in place of R2 so that I can adjust the volatge to my taste.

Am feeding the 637s and the 2001s 16V a piece at the moment, sounds good!

Will post pics within a week or so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back