...Power Strips?
Jun 26, 2018 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rutter

Headphoneus Supremus
What non-insane power strip would you recommend to plug a separate DAC and amp in to try to minimize or prevent background noise? Do power strips make any difference? US, by the way.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 3
For some it matters and vice versa. I'd inspect your source/transport first for noise first before buying expensive power strip.

Jun 26, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 3
What non-insane power strip would you recommend to plug a separate DAC and amp in to try to minimize or prevent background noise? Do power strips make any difference? US, by the way.

Hard to tell but if you're using a computer and a cheap power strip now I'd try getting another cheap power strip and plugging that into a separate wall outlet (get one with longer cables if you have to) and hook up only the audio components there. If the noise is still there it's probably coming from your computer, not an interaction with a bunch of other things plugged into the power strip. I had one with four outlets and a single switch and the noise is non-existent on my other power strip with individual switches on each outlet. Both were around $10 from a local hardware store but it's otherwise properly built - cables are the same kind you find on industrial equipment, not home appliances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back