Power strip suggestions (Europe)?
Jan 5, 2006 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mattigol

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I am looking for an inexpensive power strip with European (Schuko) plugs.

First I followed up on Monster Powerbars, but in Europe they are hideously expensive. Then there is the ubiquitous HMS Energia filtered strip at 300 Euro, also out of my ballpark, although presumed very good. I checked a few threads on hifi-forum.de but to little avail. Some advocate the Naim/MusicLine strip is good enough, others say that won't cut the mustard.

There are quite few electrical engineers on ebay.de who sell self-proclaimed high-end power strips at <100 Euro.

Any suggestions for a good and not too expensive (100 Euro max) power strip that sounds great? Anything with very good filtering out there for <150 Euro?

China / Cattylink an option?

Please help me here...

M.

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 10
It is a pretty steep budget. I am not sure KEMP Electronics is within the budget, but it is right around your corner and has received very good reviews, at least in the Netherlands. I have never had the opportunity though.

For those who believe more in the cable than the block it self.

http://www.highend-netzkabel.de/Netzleisten.html

For the DIY, this "Maarten" seems to have a few down to earth construction ideas. Look under Projects.

I'm sorry, not much help. If you're interested, my HMS Energia will be at the Dutch meet.

Jan 9, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

I have the 6x aluminum one (€138). Very nice. You could probably strangle a horse with the cord or use the strip to defend your rig from all evils imaginable. My soldering friend was somewhat bewildered by the amount of solder inside the interconnects of the same maker (now what does she know
icon10.gif
), nevertheless both items perform excellently. Very happy with the purchase, will likely buy some more ACs later this year. Although there is a lot of audiophile blabla to be found on the site, just skip over that. Solid, solid stuff.

Jan 9, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
I have the 6x aluminum one (€138).

The highend-netzkabel.de guy indeed does a lot of talking to promote his stuff, but his cables and powerstrips seem to have quite a following and are relatively inexpensive, albeit without any filtering or surge protection. I will look into these, thanks!

M.

Jan 9, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
The highend-netzkabel.de guy indeed does a lot of talking to promote his stuff, but his cables and powerstrips seem to have quite a following and are relatively inexpensive, albeit without any filtering or surge protection. I will look into these, thanks!

He gives 21 days evaluation time so you should be on the safe side.

Jan 9, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer
There sre the Russ Andrews extensions but they are all out of your budget. I have the PowerBlock and I highly recommend it.

Hey spritzerdude,

from your sig I take that the long Iceland winters don't really leave you with many options to spend your money, now do they? :wink:

Enjoy your reference rig, man, and if you get a chance, recommend to us some good Icelandic music besides Bjoerk!

eggosmile.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #9 of 10
Well there isn't really much of a winter here now, no snow and the temperature always above freezing so I don't have an excuse this year...
rolleyes.gif

I really don’t like Björk or Sigur Rós for that matter but Dimma, Kimono, Úlpa and Ampop are some of the bands I have been listening to lately. More rock oriented but great none the less.

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by star882
The big three are APC, Belkin, and Tripp-Lite.

I'm on Belkin here. Seems to do what it promises on the label, I noticed the famous blacker b(l)ackground when I switched to it, but I'm guessing it's placebo. YMMV.
smily_headphones1.gif

/JF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back