POWER SONGS!!!!!
Jun 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
hi everyone, it's me again, since I got my Lindy premiums I've been busy not checking much of head-fi  
redface.gif
 and appreciating the first good headphones in my life. anyways, I was wondering, is it me or do we all have our power songs, what I mean by this is that a power song is a song that you listen to when you want to feel maximum "you" on full charge, these sort of songs (in my opinion) are loud, or inspiring or both, for example, skrillex equinox, time for change by tom player, estasi dell animo (don't judge my music choice... please) and I was wondering what other people thought on the matter.
Also as a side line, just wondering if any of you had to listen to music in particular conditions, e.g. electric counterpoint Steve Reich has to be listened to (by me) at 14 degrees c on an overcast day inbetween 4 and 5 o'clock or country/folk at barbecues or playing only certain songs in combat games for comic or dramatic effect (or am I just weird)
looking forward to hear what you all think

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 3
For me, i can only listen to pink floyd during the night. Listening to them during the day just doesnt seem right to me.
On the other hand, the best song to listen to while walking on a hot summer day would be "put your records on" by corinne bailey rae. It just makes me so happy :D

but songs that really gets me pumped would be rap/pop songs with definately a strong bass line. Man those songs gets me moving, i get up and start rapping until i realize how awkward it is for me :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back