Power outlet questions.
Jun 24, 2004 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Reader

100+ Head-Fier
In most home power outlets are 2 set together on one panel, now I plug my monter cable into the outlet which in the same panel with the outlet my frigerator pluged in, will it affect sound come out of my system? Should I change it to other outlet? Help please. Thanks.

Edit more question
Now since I can't(shouldn't) use the same circuit for fridge or my PC and Speakers, it's inpossable to have my DVD player and Amp plug into different circuit, does use different outlet from same circuit heap?

Jun 24, 2004 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reader
In most home power outlets are 2 set together on one panel, now I plug my monter cable into the outlet which in the same panel with the outlet my frigerator pluged in, will it affect sound come out of my system? Should I change it to other outlet? Help please. Thanks.

Yes, definitely, you should plug your Monster into a different outlet than your refrigerator. In fact, it should be a different circuit, if possible. Assuming you have access to your circuit breaker/fuse box panel, find the circuit your fridge is on, then turn that off. Now find a live outlet for your Monster, then turn fridge circuit back on. Of course, the circuit that your Monster is NOW on should have no high load stuff on it (Air Conditioners, Humidifiers, electric motors of any kind, etc).

Good luck

ps: it is possible, but not likely, that the second plug in the outlet box your fridge is plugged into IS a different circuit - you'll know when you trip the circuit breaker. If there is still power to the Monetsr, then it's a different circuit, and you are ok. Not perfect, but ok - you still may pick up some emf and other grunge by being physically close to the fridge line. Ideally, you want to be on a separate circuit from another physical plug.

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Yes, definitely, you should plug your Monster into a different outlet than your refrigerator. In fact, it should be a different circuit, if possible. Assuming you have access to your circuit breaker/fuse box panel, find the circuit your fridge is on, then turn that off. Now find a live outlet for your Monster, then turn fridge circuit back on. Of course, the circuit that your Monster is NOW on should have no high load stuff on it (Air Conditioners, Humidifiers, electric motors of any kind, etc).

Good luck

ps: it is possible, but not likely, that the second plug in the outlet box your fridge is plugged into IS a different circuit - you'll know when you trip the circuit breaker. If there is still power to the Monetsr, then it's a different circuit, and you are ok. Not perfect, but ok - you still may pick up some emf and other grunge by being physically close to the fridge line. Ideally, you want to be on a separate circuit from another physical plug.

Thanks a lot for this super clear answer, Guess more cash has to go with a good long power cord.

One more question, Now since I can't(shouldn't) use the same circuit for fridge or my PC and Speakers, it's inpossable to have my DVD player and Amp plug into different circuit, does use different plug from the same outlet panel(because in this circuit only one panel has ground...) from the same circuit heap?

Jun 24, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
(Air Conditioners, Humidifiers, electric motors of any kind, etc)

Halogen and fluorescent light bulbs are another culprit because of the electrical noise their ballasts create.

NGF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back