Power cord for MG Head!!!
May 22, 2002 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

vn412

100+ Head-Fier
I've head some fine things about hospital grade power cables but have no idea where to purchase one....can anyone tell me where I might be able to find one? Thanks!

May 22, 2002 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 11
hey, I'm interested in the same thing. I remember reading about this guy who found a source for the green dot hospital cords but I don't know where the place is and I believe I remember not liking the site too much.

May 22, 2002 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 11
May 22, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #5 of 11
Hospital grade is a standard for AC plugs and wall outlets. It is doesn't say anything about the quality of wire in the cable or how well shielded it is.
Most outlets of high quality audio equipment also sell power cords of different qualities and prices.

May 23, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 11
I second the motion on the $50 Virtual Dynamics cord. See my thread on this page for details!

markl

May 23, 2002 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 11
If I am using a Monster power strip to provide power to the MG Head, which has a power cord which appears no more substantial than the original MG Head power cord, is there really any advantage to upgrade the MG Head cord?

Wondering. . .

May 23, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 11
If I am using a Monster power strip to provide power to the MG Head, which has a power cord which appears no more substantial than the original MG Head power cord, is there really any advantage to upgrade the MG Head cord?

Wondering. . .

May 23, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #9 of 11
franktalk,

i at times use the monster hts2500 with my mg head dt... while thicker guage cords did help it with dynamics switching between different cords wasn't more then extremely subtle to my ears.

some mg head experimentation:
http://head-fi.com/forums/showthread...&highlight=bdr

best,
carlo.

May 23, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Good question! I have no complete answer to that but only my experience. I have a similar power strip from the wall outlet and then have pluged power cords from the extention to compenents. It helps! Then you filter out noice as near as the component as possible. The next step is to get a better extension.
The first step step is said to be the CD. I have followed this advise and experienced substantial improvements by having powercords for both CD and amp.
Best is if you can try before you buy!

May 23, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #11 of 11
Prior to owning the VD Power 3's my reasoning went like this:

I've got a power conditioner (Monster HTS1100), so I'm feeding my components clean power-- why do I need a fancy power cord? At $50 I decided to take a chance on the VD cords, I mean "what the heck". Check out the VD thread to see my reaction. I am now awaiting delivery of VD's top-of-the-line power cords.

IMO, the $50 VD power cords made more than double the difference made by the power conditioner. Believe it!

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back