Power cord advice needed
May 22, 2005 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DrOctagon

100+ Head-Fier
Heya people, I've got my HD650/Zu, Audiogeek Nitrogens, and a Gilmore GS-1 and a SoundOdyssey level 3+ modded CD-25 on the way and now I just need to finalize what power cord to use for my CD-25. On the cheap, I see that Signal Cable has a good reputation, slightly more is the VH Audio Flavor 1 and the MIT Z-Cord II, or if I save for a bit more I could afford a Supra LoRad, a used Audience PowerChord, or a used Acoustic Zen Tsunami or a Shunyata model. Right now I'm leaning toward the Signal Cable since it's so cheap, but someone offered to sell me their Acoustic Zen Tsunami Plus for a very very reasonable price (at least I think it is...).

I'm looking for a warm, full bodied, and smooth sounding cable with ample bass. Nothing even remotely harsh. Musicality is the main feature I'm looking for. I'd like to keep this purchase around the $100 mark, but I'll stretch my budget if it's really neccessary (ie. for that AC Zen Tsunami Plus, since the fellow is offering it at a great price). Any opinions on which cable would best fit what I'm looking for? Any other power cords you guys can recommend I look into?

Thank ya.

May 22, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 5
You can find the Zu Birth PC fairly cheap on Ebay. They are very nice, and use wattgate connectors. Power cables make very little improvement IME.

May 24, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Anyone else have anything to add? I'm going to take the plunge in the next few days I think, and am having a hard time digging up any information regarding the Acoustic Zen Tsunami Plus, and if it is indeed worth the extra moolah as opposed to a Signal Cable or VH Audio Flavor 1. Thanks.

May 28, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
I am new to the power game, but have been researching cords for month or so. You should check out the power 3 by these guyz:

http://virtualdynamics.ca/

Their cords have received good press and the power 3 can be picked up for about $100 on the 'gon.

I've got a couple doses of the VD that I like. There was a huge, fevered, lemming run on these on Head-Fi a while back--you can find zillions of informative posts using the search. (Jude got into a knife fight with one of them
basshead.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back