Power Connector Suggestion
Jul 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alberts

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!  I'm new to the diyaudio world and I got started by reading some stuff right here so thanks cause I'm loving it!

I'm making my second amp, the bijou amp and I wanted to see what kind of power connectors you guys recommend.  I'm looking at the faston (the type used on computers) connectors and on mouser there is literally over 80 pages worth, most having some sort of high frequency filter which I think might be useless for an audio amp.  Any suggestion is welcomed.
Thanks!

Jul 10, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 6
This is the one that I use: http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/Schurter/62002300/?qs=%2f0Eb3QIYuIYjaCVWTqCP1w%3d%3d

I like it because it has the integrated fuse holder and uses screws to hold it down which makes it really secure.  I'm sure other people have different ones that they like.  Some have integrated line filters or switches etc.  It just depends on what you want.

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #5 of 6
next comes the obvious, subjective question... how much of an improvement does using filtered IEC inlets make? :)

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #6 of 6
I'd say probably not much if any difference, but it really depends on what else is on your circuit and how good the power in your area is etc.  I started adding them to my builds because they're pretty cheap and they can only help.  Worst case you spend $10 for peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back