power conditionners in europe
Apr 6, 2006 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

JJ15k

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I d like to know what models are available for filtering 220V AC. Preferably "industrial" models (ie without the audio markup).
Thanks

Apr 6, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 20
I stumbled over this the other day looking for ACs, but it's not industrial. Looks interesting, yet for €800 I could do a lot of other things first. I would be very interested to see which industrial solutions people know about.

Apr 6, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #3 of 20
hm, 800euros? it better be able to cook at that price
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ15k
hm, 800euros? it better be able to cook at that price
biggrin.gif

The smaller one is €550, but only recommended for single components. Duh
rolleyes.gif

What can one expect to pay for a reasonable industrial unit?

Apr 6, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 20
Well, I got an AC line filter/ step down converter (230V-110V), but I m beginnning to plug a lot of things into it, and also it does not fix the DC component i got in my power lines.
I got it for 80eur, so I was looking for units around 200eur.

Apr 15, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
I've seen power filters in www.ornec.com. Whether they help or not, it is up to you to decide.

Hi,
I've just had a look at that link. Anyone had any experience with this company...in fact, anyone from Oxford been there, or is it just an office?? The prices on there seem too good to be true! And I know a saying about that !!!!
orphsmile.gif

Think I'll have 5 pairs of SR-225's !!!

Apr 17, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 20
I think it's important to be conservative when answering your question, as there was apparently some threat of legal action against head-fi from ORNEC in the past, IIRC after some forum members reported bad buying experiences with them. Anyway the relevant threads got closed quickly, and most of the stuff has been kept under wraps since then. That's only hearsay anyway, and I think I am well advised to leave it at that.

I myself tried to score an Omega 2 with them when they were offering Stax product introductory prices aross the range and the O2 were supposed to be only ca 1200 Euros. I jumped at it, received a proper invoice, heard nothing for another 2 days despite various eMails by me, only to have the deal unilaterally cancelled due to an alleged error on their part. They immediately hiked the price to close to full retail, and that ended my business relationship with them right there. I wonder how you can advertise killer deals on a whole range of cans and amps and not notice that you're making a mistake? I leave it up to you to draw your conclusions. Fish & Chips, anyone?
rolleyes.gif

On the bright side, many people do report good experiences as well.

I guess it's fair to say it's a mixed bag.

Apr 17, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #11 of 20
and to get back to the subject at hand: there are some power strips with various amount of filtering applied to individual receptacles (i.e. for amps vs. sources) by Monster Power (priced rather steeply in Germany), HMS (the industry leader on these shores) and only recently PS-Audio (however priced totally out of control: 700 Euro for the UPC-200). German eBay has smaller, lesser known electrical engineering companies offering quality products, but you have to take your time to ask around and find the right one. Much of this stuff can have either too little of the desired effect or be too compromising on the overall system performance. It's important to single out the stuff that strikes the best balance.

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #14 of 20
Does Furman Sound sell products in Europe?
It is a leading brand in pro-audio power conditioners.
I would start from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back