Power conditioner products?
Jun 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ROBSCIX

Headphoneus Supremus
Can I ask people opinions on the power conditioning idea?  I have seen some products out there but have never tried anything like this.
Does anybody have any recommendation of products that are great bang for the buck?
I am interested in looking over some products and hearing some opinions.

If you have any ideas or opinions, please feel free to post..

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a Russ Andrews The Silencer

http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=1403&customer_id=PAA2250062410489RKWTONLKWYFGIHQX

It has been plugged into various hifis and TVs in various houses. It has varied in its effect depending on how 'noisy' the mains has been at each house. I presently have it plugged into the first socket on a mains extension. Without it I hear background hiss through my headphones, with it the hiss has virtually disappeared. 

When I changed from a Dell to a Sony laptop which is plugged into another mains extension, I noticed that the background hiss increased. The laptop was putting more 'noise' back into the mains. So I got a Tacima plug in conditioner (not the mains extension so many use) and again the hiss went away.

Jun 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 4
I highly recommend the Audience Adept Response conditioners. The single outlet Ar1p models are often on Audiogon for under $350. Just add a half decent power strip (no surge protection, the Audience takes care of all that) and you've got system wide conditioning that will beat up other conditioners at $1000+. In my opinion, Audience > Shunyata and most others. The AR-T models are pretty much unbeatable, with perhaps only the top Running Springs and a few others even in the same ballpark. 

I would avoid anything that limits current, they almost always are worse than running no conditioner.

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I use balanced power products from BPT (do a search on Balanced Power Technologies). They have multiple levels of products including rather higher-end power strips. Similarly, check out Equi=Tech, the originator of the balanced power NEC spec for the US.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back