Power conditioner in high-end system
Oct 29, 2021 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Deolum

1000+ Head-Fier
Which power conditioners do you use in your system? Are here people who use their high-end system without any of those or maybe with a budget type conditioner thats good? There's so little talk about it on headfi. Can anyone make a cross comparison of common conditioners?

I had so far only the Audioquest Niagara 1200 and another entry level model from them and didn't like both. I now ordered a demo version of the Isotek Aquarius but i know people saying Isotek isn't the best for the money.

Oct 29, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 3
I introduced a PS Audio P10 power regenerator in my system about two years ago and these days it is inaudible without it. After 12 months of uninterrupted use I decided to do some tests, removing all components or part of the analog or digital links of the system and, in all cases, the drop in quality is abysmal, all this, of course, is determined by the conditions of my electrical network, the benefit of using the regenerator is not a rule.

Another relevant fact is that if all the devices in my system are working simultaneously, which includes 1 electrostatic amp and 2 Valved monoblocks (in addition to preamp, DAC, DDC, etc), it does not reach 400w, 30% of the capacity of the P10. In daily use, the regenerator operates at 5% of its capacity.

I don't consider the P10 regenerator a simple link in my system, but its foundation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back