Power Cable Connectors
Apr 10, 2007 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

colonelkernel8

Headphoneus Supremus
I am making a cable to connect my Dedicated Tread PSU to my Pimeta. What kind of connector/jacks should I use? I was looking at using Neutrik's Speakon loudspeaker connectors, but I need to by from someplace(body) that accepts Paypal. If you can help me out, awesome.

Apr 10, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Why not the standard DC power barrel connectors? I use 5.5/2.5mm plugs/jacks for this purpose. They are easy to get, inexpensive and are widely compatible (if you needed to use a standard wallwart power adapter sometime).

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 5
You can get them anywhere. Pretty much any electronics place (including RadioShack: http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...032058.2032231

Sells DC jacks/plugs. RadioShack (and some others) refer to them by letter designation. Either the M (5.5x2.5) or N (5.5x2.1) are good choices - both are commonly used. I tend to use the 5.5x2.5 size.

They can also be found at any of the online parts places like Digikey, Mouser, Parts Express, etc.

If you're using metal cases, make sure you know if you should/shouldn't have an isolated jack for your case (i.e. one that doesn't connect the power ground to the case).

If you can solder and drill a hole in your case, you can install jacks like this - it's pretty simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back