Power adapter for 12V instead 15 V could work ?
Jan 2, 2022 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TeoS

Head-Fier
hi!
Idiot question , I know
On my Objective O2 power input is written 15V , but I somehow lost the power adapter because of long time no use .I have several 12V power adapters but I don't know if it could work properly without doing any harm to the amp .Probably not , but I want your oppinion
Thanks

Jan 2, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 4
O2 is designed to take in 14 to 20 VAC. Many common 12V wall adapters are VDC (*meaning they outputs 12V DC, not AC) and can't be used with O2 or else only half of the circuit will be powered (*and go into protection mode, IIRC), besides the fact that voltage is not high enough.

p/s: JDS Labs does carry 15VAC adapter.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you , now it is clear
it is written on the face of the amp, at the power input 15 VAC !
O2 is designed to take in 14 to 20 VAC. Many common 12V wall adapters are VDC (*meaning they outputs 12V DC, not AC) and can't be used with O2 or else only half of the circuit will be powered (*and go into protection mode, IIRC), besides the fact that voltage is not high enough.

p/s: JDS Labs does carry 15VAC adapter.
They are not as usual as the AC/DC ones ,but after some search ,
I found one here .
Importing it from Uk could be less simple since brexit
I had the surprise that , after some 3 years of non usage , there is some power in the batteries ( the led lights on when ppressing the power switch)

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you , now it is clear
it is written on the face of the amp, at the power input 15 VAC !

They are not as usual as the AC/DC ones ,but after some search ,
I found one here .
Importing it from Uk could be less simple since brexit
I had the surprise that , after some 3 years of non usage , there is some power in the batteries ( the led lights on when ppressing the power switch)
Problem solved , found an AC/AC 15V - with 2.5mm plug - ( not too easy to find). The Objective needs a 2.1mm plug , so I made an adapter . Works great !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back