potential question many new tf10 owners might be asking:
Nov 26, 2011 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

jaqueh

500+ Head-Fier
So i have heard many things about these headphone's fit problems, and personally I have never had a single issue ever with fit in my whole lifetime with iems, and i have owned many. So what are some foams or olives that you'd recommend in place of the stocks? However, my main concern is these headphone's potential sibilance. I listen to a lot of music that had been recorded badly, most of the time on purpose, and sibilance will definitely be a problem on those tracks, and is it true that replacement foams or olives will help tame the treble slightly?

also, might i add that i am one of these soon to be new tf10 owners once they arrive from amazon

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 26
You're taming treble whilst at the same time loosing detail and making everything abit more "muddy" and boomy with foams. That's what I have found in my experiences.

I'd recommend you EQ your DAP first before trying new foamies.

I reckon most fit issues come down to the wire. It's stiff and any slight movement will jolt the earpeice out of place. The memory wire also takes a bit of skill and art to be bent just right.

I've also read some people bend the memory wire in place to fit the IEMs, then after using it straighten it out again. They then repeat everytime they use the IEM and complain about fit issues and taking too much time bla bla. U JELLY? Get a good fit and once the memory wire is perfect, leave it and never bend it ever again. You can fit the TF10s in seconds without rebending and straightening the memory wire by just "hooking" it around your ear!

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 26
For me the fit was good. The bad is that darned crap cable that breaks in a few months :frowning2:

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 26
hmm, im worried about the fragility as well.

Lagg, i guess you are right tho, i won't worry about the headphones until i actually have them, as buying foams prematurely may actually lessen the sonic experience.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 26
http://www.ebay.com/itm/earbud-replacement-SONY-EP-EX10A-FIT-MANY-TYPES-/150438421011?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2306d42213#ht_2550wt_754

Saw these recommended in the thread on page 200 something, doesn't cost a lot so worth a look.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 26
The most important unanswered question on the TF10's (which I've had for a year or so now and, despite them not being the most comfortable, I love them) is the availability of a decent cable with an inline mic and remote.

I currently have the stock vi cable (bought separately) but it's pretty poor. The only alternative I've seen in the UM "beats iPhone cable" which is $250. Far too much n my view.

I use my TF10 with a Cowon S9 and it's handy just to swap the cable into my Blackberry for calls, so a decent, compatible cable with a mic would be great.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 26
The fact that is has replaceable cables sold me. I'll just by an aftermarket cable of good quality and not worry about the stock one breaking.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #8 of 26
The stock one dosnt break. but it stiffens up and pulls. also not to mention its heavy.

invest in good tips but be carefull. the nuzzles are a weak point in the integrity of the shell and tend to break if you force them.

If you´re in the US. invest in some monster supertips. they usualy cost 15-17 bucks off amazon.

Personally. i wouldnt get the TF10 unless they were REALLY cheap (as in 150 bucks)

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #9 of 26

Quote:
The stock one dosnt break. but it stiffens up and pulls. also not to mention its heavy.

invest in good tips but be carefull. the nuzzles are a weak point in the integrity of the shell and tend to break if you force them.

If you´re in the US. invest in some monster supertips. they usualy cost 15-17 bucks off amazon.

Personally. i wouldnt get the TF10 unless they were REALLY cheap (as in 150 bucks)

I got them on sale at amazon earlier yesterday for $94.00. I really wasn't planning on buying them but it was dirt-cheap compared to MSRP. The fact that many headfiers are planning on buying custom molds in a group is also interesting me (save money and get a good custom).

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #10 of 26
If anyone is interested in getting theirs made into customs I would recommend Fisher audio in Florida....$90 for a remold....I had a great experience with them

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #12 of 26
I haven't seen the UM or 1964s in person, but judging by pictures, I would say the UM and 1964 would be slightly better, plus you have options to add drivers....Fisher won't add any drivers I believe....But, for the price, Fisher visually did a great job...Perfect fit the first time, and no disruption in sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back