Potential issues for no/weak sound in hd600's?
Feb 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DaftZomb

New Head-Fier
I'm looking at a pair of hd600's which has one driver with a weak signal or none at all at times. Being that I'm in the market for these headphones, I was thinking of buying them and hopefully fixing them for an overall cheaper price than most used 600s. So my thoughts are either a connection being loose somewhere inside or the driver is "blown" or something. Seems you can get a new driver for around 60 bucks.

My main questions, is it difficult to get into the cans to see what's going on and locate the problem? Same applies to the possible fix of the loose connectors. I open up and recabled my dt880's and it went incredibly smoothly. Think I could be up to this?

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Heya,

Probably just the cord. You can get a replacement cord for like $20. I blown driver doesn't just go in and out. It's most likely a connection issue, and the cord is detachable. I had to replace my cable on my Sennheisers before for the same problem.

Very best,

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Heya,

Probably just the cord. You can get a replacement cord for like $20. I blown driver doesn't just go in and out. It's most likely a connection issue, and the cord is detachable. I had to replace my cable on my Sennheisers before for the same problem.

Very best,

Thanks! If it is just the cable then it shouldn't be a problem and plenty of fun. However, would a faulty cable cause intermittent to no sound in just one can? I was thinking the issue might be somewhere inside the can after the cable connects to them.

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Thanks! If it is just the cable then it shouldn't be a problem and plenty of fun. However, would a faulty cable cause intermittent to no sound in just one can? I was thinking the issue might be somewhere inside the can after the cable connects to them.

Heya,

I had one channel sputter in and out even when securely plugged in. Sometimes there's just a break in the copper wire some where that shorts. It's far more likely to be a cable issue than a driver issue.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back