potential fake DT 770 pro 80 ohms?
Jun 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Gatto

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got a pair of DT 770 pros from ebay (I know, not always the best idea) and I was under the impression that these cans have a coiled cable and this one is straight... are these fake? I can put up pics if it helps

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of DT 770 pros from ebay (I know, not always the best idea) and I was under the impression that these cans have a coiled cable and this one is straight... are these fake? I can put up pics if it helps

Nah, they're more likely real. The coiled cable is for the 250 ohm version. As long as you bought the 80 ohm version, the cable shouldn't be coiled.

I think the fake products are more common for Japanese and Chinese products. I haven't really heard about fake Beyerdynamics or AKGs.

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks, everything else looks fine... do they normally come in a thin cardboard box with no plastic window and just a cardboard insert with an info guide and a blue guarantee slip?

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Thanks, everything else looks fine... do they normally come in a thin cardboard box with no plastic window and just a cardboard insert with an info guide and a blue guarantee slip?

Thats how mine came.

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 9
This is what you should have.
smile.gif

3n03kc3m3zzzzzzzzz96a0f.jpg

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 9
Great, thanks a lot guys
smily_headphones1.gif
now I don't have to worry

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 9
Don't be so sure - those last few replies could very well be counterfeit responses.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

Nah, they're more likely real. The coiled cable is for the 250 ohm version. As long as you bought the 80 ohm version, the cable shouldn't be coiled.

I think the fake products are more common for Japanese and Chinese products. I haven't really heard about fake Beyerdynamics or AKGs.

Many people saying that Beyerdynamic don't have fakes, it that so? I know there are AKG K99 fakes from China already, so I guss that isn't true for AKGs anymore...
frown.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back